Friday, January 11, 2008

12th January 08 2nd edition

This is a picture of my home made greenhouse which has been up for about 5 years. The half on the right is just a covered area for when I want to give plants some protection without actually being in the greenhouse. I usually put the blueberries in there once they have set the berries, that way I get all the berries and the birds get none. However this year I am going to have to have a rethink as the blueberry plants have got to big. I also grow my hanging basket tomatoes under the sheltered piece as well.



Not much of a composition for picture but these are some of my shallots which have started shooting nicely. They were from a garden center and at £1.99 for 14 shallots were a bit expensive. I have a second batch which I bought from a veg shop and they were 60p for 12 shallots. Will be interesting to see which ones give the best results.






This is a picture of some amarillys, on my living room windowsill, that I got cheap from tesco the other day. Reduced from £5 down to £1.50 and that included the ceramic red pots.

No comments: