Sunday, February 17, 2008

17th February 2008

Visited Pugh's Garden Center yesterday and bought 5 Raspberry canes Glen Ample. Have a few spaces in the new raspberry bed to fill in. Also purchased a packet of garlic as they had a very good selection. Bought Cristo for £2.49, it had 4 bulbs inside and when I broke them down into cloves I had 64 which I then planted up into small pots which I will keep in the greenhouse till they have started shooting.
Also went in InStore and bought a plum tree Opal and a pot to put in in all for £9. That was followed by a visit to Aldi where I got three fruit bushes, Blackberry, Gooseberry Careless, Redcurrant Jonkheer Van Tets, for the grand total of £1.99. Planted the 3 fruit bushes up when I got home. Planted the plum into container today.
Put a lid on the tomato house on the allotment, only got to sort some sort of door out now. All the shallots are now in the tomato house till the weather improves a bit.
Have had a frost every night for the last week last nights was quite severe, probably -4. But at least it is dry. Supposed to be warming up again next week.

No comments: